Much thanks to Twistedewe and Laura of Zeelicious for thinking of me! Twistedewe (whose sweet, eclectic blog ranges from gardening advice to a Renter’s guide) nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award, while Zeelicious (a free-lance journalist and foodie!) nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award. Thank you so much, you two! I started this blog on a whim (one rainy sick day, to be exact), and it’s now become my favorite hobby and recipe diary! I love exchanging recipes and seeing everyone’s smart ideas (Soaking dried fruit in rum for biscotti! Turning jars into fabulous vases and cups! Making DIY decals!). I say let’s all live like queens!
The guidelines for accepting the One Lovely Blog award are as follows:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Nominate about 15 other blogs that you enjoy.
4. Let the nominees know that you chose them.
I am actually combining both awards and will award 5 Lovely blogs at the end of my 7 things.
7 Things About Myself:
1) Right now I am sore! I’ve been getting back in shape, which means I’ve been hitting the gym 3-5 times a week. And when I “hit the gym,” I am not talking about some wimpy 15 minute workout on the elliptical. I literally TRAIN. For 45 minutes to an hour, I do sprints, weight-lifting, stair-climbing, and more. My (amateur) workouts are not for the faint of heart!!
2) I have curvy figure (small waist, larger chest and hips), but I am also surprisingly naturally athletic. When I was younger, I used to swim in the summers for a regional swim team, I won a couple of awards for 5ks, and I was on Track and Field for a year. I am not as fit as I once was (because my job of reading and writing means sitting at a desk all day), but I feel myself getting back into shape (kind of?) now that I’ve started working out.
3) I’ve downloaded some great new music for inspiration while at the gym. My favorites? ‘Talk that Talk” by Rihanna and “Heartbroken” by Karmin!
4) I finally finished my 1,000 word encyclopedia entry on “The Gilded Age” that I’ve been contracted to write. I am happy with it! I will post it later after it has been edited by the publishing company!
5) I have a problem saying no to sweets. I definitely didn’t make it through that two-week challenge Ron dared me to do. What is wrong with me?! Apparently my inner demons are cake, cookies, and ice cream.
6) I was out last night with some friends, and our very funny, friendly waitress gave us all different nicknames: Little Red Riding Hood (my friend was wearing a red jacket, I think?), Beefcake (because my friend is a hunky beefcake), Jill Scott (because my friend has great hair and style, like Scott), and “Deb” or Blondie, as in I look like Deborah Harry of Blondie. WTF? I’m thinking it’s because my hair is lighter, my face is rounder, and I tend to wear bright lipstick, maybe? I have no idea.
7) My newest tv obsession is Bones. Hot d*mn, David Boreanaz is good-looking. And I happen to love detective/crime fictions, both in print and on tv. (Remember my love for Sherlock?)
My chosen blogs for the One Lovely Blog Award: