First, what lovely things can’t I say about Tinman? I love his imaginative prose describing his blogging tale (on his “about”). Nobody quite mashes fiction, film, and bloggery like Tinman’s tale of Oz and Capote. (Brilliant references!) What’s funny is that I typically read Oz as an allegorical tale of capitalism and consumption. (Everyone wearing green glasses that tints everything the color of emeralds and money? They’re traveling on a “yellow brick” road that is reminiscent of bars of gold? Come on!). But Tinman gave the Oz tale such a fun interpretation that I don’t consider the tale in the same way!
Second, he is an absolute doll in his correspondence and posts. Who doesn’t like the well-mannered and whimsical, fun blogger? So, thank you, Tinman! And, because he has been feeling under the weather, everyone should check out his blog and give him sunshine!
And 7 things about myself:
1) I have a fear of heights. As in, I cross bridges, fly, etc. and I always think about the height of it. I can’t help it! I’m scared!
2) I actually have two Master’s degrees from two national research universities. I like to think of myself as an intellectual hoarder.
3) I dream of the day that I will own a dog. Love them! Once, I locked eyes on the street with a cute dog and it must have known I wanted to play, because it bounded over to me and jumped right on top of me! And we played! (Much to the dismay of the owner.) I however loved it! Who says dogs aren’t smart and intuitive?
4) I love music (I listen to music everyday!). And I’ve seen in concert everyone from Ben Harper, Rufus Wainwright, Ben Lee, Jack Johnson, Jackie Greene, Ozomatli, Jurassic 5, Dave Matthews Band, 311, a bunch of swing and rockabilly bands…The list goes on!
5) My favorite books are (in no particular order): Pride and Prejudice, Love in the Time of Cholera, High Fidelity, The Historian, Lolita, the Harry Potter series, The Interpreter, and Little Women.
6) My best friend and I met in Spanish class in high school. We’ve been besties since!
7) I still have yet to own an IPhone or Ipod. (I have an MP3 player and a non-smart phone.) I don’t have tons of money (and Macs are more expensive than PCs!), and I love my regular old phone plan. Unlimited text messaging for cheap!