As I was editing my writing (due today) and drinking my morning coffee (out of an impossibly large mug), I received a message from our friend the Modern Home Economist: I’ve been nominated for the Sunshine Award! Huzzah!
Thank you so much MHE! You know I love your blog and your adventures in housewifery.
Now I have to answer some tough questions….
- What is your favorite color? I can’t narrow this answer to one color! Some days I’m enamored with sky blue, other days I’m burning for red, and I always love the peachy pink of the color coral.
- What is your favorite animal? Dogs, specifically pugs. I actually grew up with both cats and dogs, but I just love the playful, giddy nature of most dogs. And I’ve never owned a pug, but I’ve always dreamed of having one. They are so sweet-natured! When I used to work at a coffee shop, a women with two pugs would come every morning, and I would run outside to see her pugs. They would immediately jump into my lap and fight over who got more cuddle time! Adorable!
- What is your favorite number? Lucky Seven?
- What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink? Coffee–any time, anywhere. (I think you all know by now that I am obsessed with coffee.)
- Do you prefer Facebook or Twitter? Facebook, although I think their business practices have gone from bad to worse. (I was in college when facebook first took off! It was much different then.)
- What is your passion? My passion….Hmmm. This is difficult. I am passionate about family and community. I am passionate about reading and writing, and its effects in public culture. I am passionate about cake, chocolate, coffee, and baking.
- Do you prefer getting or giving presents? Who doesn’t love both?
- What is your favorite pattern? Right now, I am digging the “map” and “letter” prints I am seeing everywhere.
- What is your favorite day of the week? I like Fridays—It’s the end of the week, and you have that first thrill of the weekend!
- What is your favorite flower? I love all flowers, especially if they are bright and sunny (yellow, pink, and red tones!)
Now I can pass on this award to five worthy bloggers who are all particularly lovely in their posts and correspondence!